Saturday, March 30, 2013

REVIEW: Operative (Ganzfield #5) by Kate Kaynak

Title/Series: Operative | Ganzfield #5
Author: Kate Kaynak
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Published: March 15th 2012
Format: Paperback | Pages: 231
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Source: Purchased B&N
★★★★★ (5/5) Stars!!!!

Kate Kaynak | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Ganzfield


Maddie and the rest of the team must catch the person selling classified information to terrorists--before they become the targets.








I was lulled into a false sense of security with the ending of Accused (#4). No wait, let me rephrase that. I was prepared for another massacre. Hey I wasn't the only one! Everyone in the book spent a good deal of time prepping and planning for a military attack. It was building up and I was dreading the incoming attack. How many were going to die this time? Would it be any of the people I care about....AGAIN? So many questions. So much anxiety. Thankfully to have the only death being one of a disgusting, horrible person. Which was a good thing. But Kate Kaynak can't just leave you with that warm fuzzy feeling. Nope. The person who killed the baddie was of course left emotionally scarred at taking a life, even if it was a useless one. A life's a life right? And the way that person cracked from the experience had Accused ending in a heartbreaking cliffhanger. Enter Operative...

The opening line of chapter one is two words long. Two. So if you're, for some strange reason, wondering how many words it would take to have me thoroughly book depressed...it's two. *Sigh* I still have 11 more pages to read as I'm writing this. That's it. What am I waiting for? You know that being lulled into a false sense of security I mentioned at the beginning? I just got hit with a cold hard blast of reality. Well, in a literary sense of course.

Ending this is so bittersweet because Soulmate, the last book according to Kate (Goodreads says there's Solitary a #7 but..who knows), it's not due out until July....and then that's it. I am going to be unbelievably sad to see it go. I know in many cases when a series keeps going on and on people grow irritated with it and wish it would end already. But Ganzfield is so different and so unbelievably well written, the characters are so vast and loveable and funny, there isn't a doubt in my mind that it wouldn't feel that way for me. Six books just doesn't seem enough for this amazing world I've fallen in love with.

So I'll leave you with this, once again, my plea for you to please read this series. If you're a lover of the paranormal, with a splash of romance/love and...a little bit of blood and death...okay sometimes A LOT of it! This series is exactly what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment