Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #05



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This weeks topic is  

Top Ten Books I Recommend Most

This should be fun! No pressure here right? All series books will count as one choice. Since I can't ever seem to make it brief, this is gonna be a long post. Let's just jump right in!



1. Obsidian | Onyx | Opal | Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout

 photo LuxSeries01_zps7d74b868.png

I am crazy obsessed with the Lux Series by JLA. I've said this so many times but she is like a writing Goddess in my opinion. Haven't read the Lux series yet? GET OFF MY BLOG!! Ha! I'm kidding but seriously if you're into the paranormal and are ready to get your world rocked by the sexiest alien on earth, Daemon Black, these books are frickin fantastic! Though Shadows has less Daemon and more Dawson his twin it still deserves to be on here. Give them a read! You won't regret it. And for when you're done...you're welcome! ;)



 2. Beautiful Disaster | Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire

 photo BeautifulSeries01_zpsbb31ad7d.png

You need a reason? Travis Maddox. That's your reason. If you're a person who can read a book and get past the fact that this incredibly cocky, tattooed, bad boy has a bit of a temper and pounds peoples faces in for a living (no really underground fighter baby rawr!) then Travis is your guy. Some people can't and that's understandable. But I freakin' love these books! *Siiiiiiiiigh* WD is basically the same thing just in Travis' POV. Oh yeah....I need to reread those...soon!



3. Wait For You - J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)



J. Lynn is the pen name that Jennifer L. Armentrout writes her N/A an Adult novels under..so of course I find this book nothing short of amazing. You will laugh, you will cry, it will break your heart and it will sew it back together, it will leave you breathless. The characters are very real, with very real problems. Plus there's a tortoise named Raphael. Come on, selling point right there!



4. Being Henry David - Cal Armistead



I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this book is. It's actually the first book I ever requested via NetGalley and lucky for me I got approved for it. But anyway it's about a 17yr old boy who wakes up in Penn Station with no idea who he is, where he is, how he got there, totally blank and all he has with him is a copy of the book Walden by Henry David Thoreau. As he meets people in his journey to find...well quite literally himself, when he's asked who he is the first thing that comes to him is to say his name is Henry David because of the book. Hence the title. Ohhhhh but, truly, I mean I can't even give you a description that would fit how much this book captivated me. I devoured it. Definitely, definitely a must read. Period.






Are you a lover of Dystopian novels? This. Is. Your. Book. I know some people have a hard time with them because they all start to sound the same sometimes but trust me, this isn't like anything I'd ever read before. What would you do if, here in this present time, you die in a car accident.... but then wait, you wake up. And you're in a strange room only, to be told that you've been brought back... though into the year 2282 and you're to be an exhibit in  the People's Past Anthropological Center. Yeah that's right. You're an exhibit in a HUMAN ZOO. I know right?! This is such a good book!!!! I mean if you don't like it, may the People's Past Anthropological Center find you... :P



6. Minder | Adversary | Legacy | Accused | Operative - Kate Kaynak

 photo GanzfieldSeries01_zps5950b04f.png

Better known as the Ganzfield Series. Named such for the special training facility where people with special abilities, think like telepathy or telekinesis, etc, go to be trained to use their abilities. They've got romance, action, humor oh man do some of these books have some laugh out loud stuff going on, sadness and dramatic events...they're so many things. Okay so OFFICIALLY I haven't read Operative yet and there's one more due in July, Soulmate, which I will make into one of my upcoming Waiting on Wednesdays but I love this series. I'm 30% or so away from finishing Accused at the moment and I swear these books just keep getting better. Here is one of the many reasons why I love Kate and these books. Before you start reading Accused, at least the paperback version not sure how the e-books are, there's a brief recap on what's happened so far in a sort of letter from Kate and my favorite line before she starts the recap is: 

"So Sit back, put up your feet, and get comfy, because we're all going to be here for a while.

Well, maybe not all of us. If you've read the first three books, you know there's no telling when a massacre might occur."

I freakin' love it! Ha! At least she's honest ;)



7. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher



This book isn't going to be for everyone. Though if you ask me I think everyone should give it a try. I should just let the blurb speak for itself:
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.
Trust me when I say it deeply affected at least one thirty-something reader as well. This book shook me to my very core. There are just no words. I could read it again and again and I know each time it will affect me exactly the same as it did before. Tears and all.

On a quick side note about this book, it's being made into a movie which I was so excited to hear until I found out that Selena Gomez is playing Hannah. Now I have no problem with her in fact, confession, I used to watch Wizards of Waverly Place all the time. Don't judge me! Ha. It's just that I loved this book so much and I can't feel her as Hanna. But who knows maybe she'll change my mind.



8.  Hopeless - Colleen Hoover



First paragraph of my review: A couple of warnings first...be prepared to fall in love with this book. Second, have some tissues on hand...you're going to need them. Third, you really need to be ready because where this book takes you really isn't for the faint of heart. That being said, this book was absolutely fantastic. So emotional.

This book deals with some pretty heavy subject matter but that aside it's not all tragedy and sadness there's a lot of humor and a really great love story. Must. Read.



9. What I Didn't Say - Keary Taylor




Getting drunk homecoming night your senior year is never a good idea, but Jake Hayes never expected it all to end with a car crash and a t-post embedded in his throat. 

His biggest regret about it all? What he never said to Samantha Shay. He's been in love with her for years and never had the guts to tell her. Now it's too late. Because after that night, Jake will never be able to talk again.
When Jake returns to his small island home, population 5,000, he'll have to learn how to deal with being mute. He also finds that his family isn't limited to his six brothers and sisters, that sometimes an entire island is watching out for you. And when he gets the chance to spend more time with Samantha, she'll help him learn that not being able to talk isn’t the worst thing that could ever happen to you. Maybe, if she'll let him, Jake will finally tell her what he didn't say before, even if he can't actually say it.


Need I say more?



10.   Unbroken (Cedar Cove #1) - Melody Grace





This is a debut NA novel by the lovely Melody Grace. Not only is this book unputdownable (it's a word!) But it's got, who is now one of my top five book boyfriends, Emerson Ray. The characters are all so fun and loveable and real. The story itself is so full of feels. You won't regret it one bit. One book under her belt and Melody has made her way onto my auto buy list. No questions asked.




So if you're still awake and made it through my list congratulations!!! *Throws confetti* Ha, anyway thanks for taking the time to see the picks that inspire me most! :) What made it on your list?


No comments:

Post a Comment