Thursday, August 21, 2014

Swoon Thursday #26


Swoon Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by YABound!

Here's what you do:
From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


This week's pick is from:


Origin (Lux #4)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout


A laugh burst from me--a real, normal laugh.

Daemon's eyes widened, and the hue flared. The box fell from his fingers, landing with a soft thud against the carpet. "Do that again," he said, his voice gruff.

The sound sent a shiver down my spine. "Do what?"

"Laugh." He bent over me, the tips of his fingers grazing my cheeks. "I want to hear you laugh again."

I wanted to laugh again for him, but all the humor had dried up under the raw intensity of his stare. Emotion swelled inside me like a balloon tethered by a fine string. I opened my mouth, but I didn't know what to say. Muscles tensed throughout my body. My belly felt like a nest of butterflies was about to take flight. I raised a hand, placing it on his cheek. The slight stubble tickled my palm and caused my heart to jump. I slid my hand over the curve of his jaw and then down the cords of his neck to his shoulder. He jerked under my touch, and his chest rose sharply.

"Kat." He breathed my name; he took it into himself, said it like it was some kind of prayer.

I love Daemon's intensity. I love how after everything that they've been through to this point something so small and simple as Katy's laugh, touches him to his very core and brings out these fierce emotions.

What are you swooning over this week? :)


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I loved this scene! Have you read book five yet? I love the swoons from book five as well. Armentrout definitely knows how to write them!

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so too! :D That should be my next mission, to finish Covenant I've made it through Deity so far. Love JLA to death!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and I loved it! Opposition will be the subject of next weeks swoon haha already typed up! Armentrout is like a writing goddess in my opinion lol

    ReplyDelete