Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #48 [Freebie!]


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke andthe Bookish!

This week's topic is...

Well it's freebie week this week and I had been trying to come up with something all on my own but for some reason my mind kept straying to negative thoughts (i.e. "Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Forget/Unread") yeah...I'm not sure where that came from. So I went through the list of all the past posts to find one that I hadn't done yet and so many of them jumped out at me but when I saw the one I picked I couldn't resist. It was harder than I thought too but I had some fun with it ;) I chose...

Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To

A couple of these picks were all in fun because the thought made me giggle. I'm such a dork! I'm sure you'll be able to figure them out once you see them! These are all just my opinions and feelings so I'm not saying they'll be dead on but I have my reasons for each one. Let's get to it shall we?


One:

Song: "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls

So if you've read this then you're thinking "Duh!" I've loved this song since high school and now ever since reading Real I cannot listen to it without automatically thinking about Remy and that scene. No complaints here though!


Two:

 
Song: "Change (In the House of Flies)" by Deftones

Ever since reading this series, especially this book in particular, this song makes me think of Noah watching Mara...well, change. It popped up randomly on my playlist while I was reading and I ended up putting it on repeat. It just perfectly fit in with the tone of the book for me.


Three:

Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton
Song: "Bang Bang" by Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj

I mean come on! The title fits right? Yeah, it was a stretch and I'm not really a fan of any of them but  maybe just some of Ariana's stuff. 


Four:

Rome (Marked Men #3) by Jay Crownover
Song: "Colorblind" by Counting Crows

This song totally makes me think of Rome and Cora. He likes to say that she is the splash of color in his world of gray (sigh...I know right??) It just fits!


Five:

Song: "Just A Kiss" by Lady Antebellum

This might be my favorite Lady Antebellum song, it's really hard to choose just one. But I don't know it just feels like this book to me. Full of sweetness and possibilities. 


Six:

Song: "Take Me To Church" by Hozier

This can actually apply to the series as a whole. And it's in a roundabout kind of way. This song makes me think of Sons of Anarchy which in turn makes me want to reread the Bayonet Scars series. It would probably apply to any outlaw/motorcycle club type of book but these are the only ones I've read so far.


Seven:

Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Song: "Uprising" by Muse

This song is all about rising up and taking back control which fits in perfectly with the end of this series. Aww I miss those Luxen must reread soon!


Eight:

Song: "In My Veins" by Andrew Belle

This song always makes me think of an intense and passionate love and that's exactly what Archer and Bree have. Both of these give me major feels so I found it fitting.


Nine:

Song: "Close to You" by Neon Trees

I can't exactly pinpoint the thing that makes me think that this song fits this book. It's just sort of a feeling I get when I listen to it. But it really makes me think of Trent.


Ten:


Desired (Club Sin #3) by Stacey Kennedy
Song: "S&M" by Rihanna

So I'm not a Rihanna fan...like at all, but I do like this song because of Pitch Perfect and what better song for this entire series than one with this title haha. Couldn't resist throwing that one in there ;)



So it only took me a bajillion hours to come up with a topic and find some interesting and some funny matches. What topic did you go with this week?




9 comments:

  1. Great list. I found some new books to look into. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa @ Captivated ReaderJanuary 20, 2015 at 11:35 AM

    Ooo, nice topic for the week!!! :-) Here's my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-authors-id-like-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, girl, I think you and me, both, have this thing in which we pair songs with books. I do it all the time, but I'm more like a freak... sometimes I hear the song over and over while reading the book and then after finishing the book I may not heard the song again because of feels. But when I move on, I love the songs! LOVE YOUR LIST. I do have a post on my tumblr which books I paired with songs, which you can see here. And of course, my ttt<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! I do that all the time. I totally understand the feels thing. Sometimes it takes me a while if I associate a song with a book that really punched me in the feels hard before I can read it again. I'm so glad I'm not alone in this haha. Thank you Aimee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I not read any of the books here? So many I need to add to my TBR. But yes, I pair books or even chapters with songs and albums all the time. Love it. :)
    My TTT:
    http://mybookliferead.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-book-boyfriends-id-like-to-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way about your list of books how have I not?? I also do the chapters pairings sometimes as well. Yay I'm glad so many other people seem to do these things as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that I aren't alone... Music is life and so its books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FLAILS. I love this post. I love this post. I LOVE THIS POST! OMG- Colorblind?! One of my favorite CC songs!!!! Aww Lady A fits so well for Avery Shaw! Uprising works too for JLA's! Listening to the Deftones song now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cool! I haven't read some of these so I don't know how they fit but I love the one for lux! and real -- the goo goo dolls one of course! I really need to read the mara dyer series!

    ReplyDelete